General Availability Announcement for erwin® Modeling r9.64
On behalf of erwin, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our erwin products. Today, erwin is pleased to announce the availability of the following new products:
- erwin® Data Modeler r9.64, Workgroup Edition
- erwin® Data Modeler r9.64, Standard Edition
- erwin® Data Modeler r9.64, Navigator Edition
- erwin® MartServer r9.64
- erwin® Web Portal r9.64 (available soon)
Based on feedback received from customers in the erwin Modeling user community, this product release incorporates many requested product improvements, performance enhancements, and general product fixes and other maintenance. Specific highlights included with this product release are:
erwin Data Modeler (all commercial product editions):
- Native 64-bit application support that can fully utilize more than 3GB of workstation memory thereby improving overall product performance when working with large and extremely large models.
- Internationalization for: French, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Simplified Chinese and Russian.
- Enhancements to SCAPI (erwin API) to provide service-level functionality that adds the capability for programmatic controlled forward and reverse engineering.
- A new mart hosting option for using PostgreSQL – an open source database that strongly conforms to the ANSI SQL 2008 standard and is available for all major operating systems.
- Several significant performance improvements.
- Latest updated metadata import/export bridges (v9.0) that provides enhanced access to existing and several new metadata sources. Refer to erwin Data Modeler Release Notes for a full list of available bridges and updates.
erwin Web Portal (all product editions):
- New architecture deployment capabilities:
- Java based installation allowing support for any Linux/Unix deployments in addition to MS Windows.
- Option to host erwin Web Portal repository on PostgreSQL (bundled with MS Windows install) in addition to Oracle and MS SQL Server.
- Support for remote harvesting. This capability enables server deployment on Linux/Unix while connected to a remote harvesting agent in MS Windows where your erwin MartServer is installed.
- Adobe Flash is no longer required as all graphic features are now 100% HTML5 for better performance and tablet accessibility.
- Enhanced metadata harvesting capabilities including: new tools, upgraded versions of existing tools and better metadata coverage especially related to SQL parsing and big data (Hadoop) sources.
- Improved Metadata Explorer interface for better business user experience:
- Enhanced and simplified navigation and analysis features.
- Improved search performance.
- Upgraded data model diagram visualization capabilities.
We encourage you to install this new product release to ensure that your systems are current and that you have access to the most exciting modeling features available in this award winning product line.
To obtain physical media of the erwin Modeler r9.64 product editions, please contact CA Customer Care or +1-800-225-5224 in North America or see for the Local Number in your country. We encourage you to visit our erwin Support Online, or within your erwin Data Modeler r9.64 version by going to the Help menu and choosing Technical Support, for detailed information concerning this product release, up-to-date support information, the latest technical bulletins, and to download your copy.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our partnership with you.
Thank you again for your business,
The erwin Modeling Team
Copyright © 2015 erwin. Windows is a trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies. All rights reserved.