The Data Management Experts
By 2020, the total amount of data in the world will rise to 44 zettabytes – or 44 million gigabytes.1 So it’s safe to say, there’s no lack of information. But how do you ensure the vast amount of data your enterprise produces is A) accessible, B) accurate and C) used to generate results? That’s where we come in.
erwin makes the world’s No. 1 data modeling software, trusted by more than 50,000 data professionals in 60+ countries. Combined with business process modeling, enterprise architecture, data governance and collaboration solutions, we provide the industry’s only unified platform for enterprise data management. Such focus and lots of practice makes us really good at helping customers find their data assets, extract the facts and then use them for differentiation and growth.
Rich Legacy, New Vision
For three decades, erwin Data Modeler (DM) has been the first choice of CDOs, CIOs, data architects and other IT pros in virtually every sector. Government agencies and the most discerning financial institutions, retailers and healthcare companies have made erwin the central hub for their enterprise data. Our proven track record and the opportunity to become a leader in the global Big Data market led Parallax Capital Partners to purchase erwin and establish it as a new, stand-alone company in April 2016.
Since then we’ve completed the acquisition of enterprise architecture (EA) company Corso in September 2016, and shortly thereafter launched erwin CloudCore™, an integrated cloud-based bundle consisting of both erwin DM and Corso Agile EA. In December 2016, we acquired business process modeling company Casewise and are working to integrate their technology into our roadmap. With more than 50 years of legacy expertise, our vision is to become the leading data management brand that helps customers transform the way they use their data and therefore how they operate for competitive advantage.
The word “innovation” has become a bit cliché – or maybe we’re just accustomed to technology driving societal change that makes our lives better (e.g., Amazon, Netflix and Uber). So we just go with it, taking advantage of it without giving it too much thought. But as a technology company, innovation remains an imperative. It’s who we are and what we do, so we’re investing heavily in R&D, with software developers and programmers on three continents, plus building world-class sales and service channels to ensure the best customer experiences from purchase through delivery and ongoing support.
Big data is a fact of life, and data management is the foundation of big business. According to Forbes, a Fortune 1000 company could earn an additional $65 million with access to just 10 percent more of its data. Thanks to erwin’s “any-squared” (Any2) approach to data management, end users and other stakeholders can see any data from anywhere and use it to make faster, better decisions. This is the value of our open-source solutions and the broader erwin Data Management Platform that includes:
- Data Modeling – Discover and manage business and technical data assets through an intuitive, graphical interface
- Business Process Modeling – Optimize data, processes and technologies to improve overall business operations
- Enterprise Architecture – Align business objectives with technologies through visual analysis of data, applications, capabilities and systems
- Data Governance – Demonstrate regulatory compliance through standardized glossaries, semantic and data lineage mapping, repository-driven impact analysis, versioning and security
- Collaboration – Facilitate sharing of high-quality metadata and models among stakeholders and business users
We Get the Hard Stuff Right
Digital transformation is both a huge opportunity and massive challenge. But you can’t manage what you can’t see, so you aren’t equipped to overcome market challenges or accomplish your business objectives. It’s time to unlock the value of your data to:
- Identify opportunities and risks
- Strengthen marketing and sales
- Improve operational and financial performance
- Manage risk and compliance
- Produce new products and services (or improve existing ones)
- Monetize data (direct and indirect)
- Satisfy customers
erwin is the name you can rely on for your mission-critical data initiatives. Because data management is all we do, you can be assured that we understand your needs and will focus on helping you:
- Discover your data from any source and any location
- Validate and quality assure your data
- Govern your data to ensure regulatory compliance
- Architect your data into new solutions
- Model new applications before you build them
Let us be your guide in building a data-driven enterprise because organizations with accurate insights are more productive, compliant and profitable.Start now with a free software trial!
1 Bernard Marr, “Big Data: 20 Mind-Boggling Facts Everyone Must Read,” Forbes, Sept. 30, 2015