Restore a Forward Engineering Template File
A default template file is provided for each target database. These template files are installed to a default location, typically \Program Files (x86)\erwin\Data Modeler r9\BackupFiles\Templates. You can edit the template files to add customization. After you have edited a template file, you can either save it using the existing template file name and location, or rename it to keep the original template file intact.
If you modify an original template file and save it using its original name and location and then decide you want to restore the original template file, you can do so by copying a backup of the original template file.
Note: If you want to restore a template file to its original state but need to preserve modifications made to it, ensure that you first rename the modified template file prior to restoring it, or you will lose all modifications.
Follow these steps to restore a forward engineering template file:
- Locate the \Templates folder in the directory Program Files (x86)\erwin\Data Modeler r9\BackupFiles and find the original template file that matches your target database.
- Right-click the template file and click Copy.
- Locate the folder that contains the modified template file that you want to replace with the original template file.
- Right-click the folder and click Paste.
- Answer Yes in the Confirm File Replace dialog.
Copyright © 2020 erwin, Inc.
All rights reserved.