New Features and Enhancements
Following new features and enhancements are available in erwin Data Modeler and erwin Mart Server 2020 R1 SP1.
The list includes a brief description and wherever relevant, a reference to more information about each feature.
erwin Data Modeler UI has been revamped to include the following:
- Microsoft Office-like ribbon-based appearance
- UI themes, font size, and component direction setting
- Tabbed and side-by-side diagram window arrangement option
- Quick access toolbar
erwin Data Modeler now includes erwin DM Scheduler as a tool. The Scheduler enables you to define and schedule reverse engineering (RE) jobs in advance and run them without interrupting your erwin DM usage. Thus, improving productivity by enabling you to plan and run RE jobs when workstation resources are relatively free to use.
erwin Data Modeler now supports Redshift 1.0 as a target database.
erwin Data Modeler now supports Db2 LUW 11.1 as a target database. The following enhancements have been made to erwin Data Modeler under Db2 LUW:
- Storage Group object support has been added.
- Table properties for all three types (Permanent, Global Temporary, and Nickname) have been updated. Also, Index and XML Index support has been enhanced.
- Tablespace properties have been updated to support Storage Space Name and Data Tag.
- Materialized query table properties have been enhanced.
erwin Data Modeler and erwin Mart Server are now certified to work with Microsoft SQL Server 2019 as a target database.
erwin Data Modeler and erwin Mart Server are now certified to work with PostrgeSQL v9.6.15, v10.10, and v11.5.
erwin Data Modeler and erwin Mart Server are now certified to work with Oracle 18c (18.3) and 19c (19.3).
The Query Tool has been reintroduced to erwin Data Modeler (DM). It provides a convenient way to execute SQL SELECT queries against a model in erwin (DM), a model in a mart, or against a database catalog.
The following enhancements have been made to Licensing:
- Network domain name and subnet IP- based usage restrictions (optional)
- erwin Data Modeler edition-based licensing
- Long term license check out capability for concurrent licenses
MITI bridges have been reintroduced to erwin Data Modeler. These bridges provide integration capabilities with about 100 industry-leading metadata products in the form of a wizard.
Several enhancements have been implemented to improve productivity and usage experience as follows:
- A quick compare option set and speed option have been added for Complete Compare users.
- Supertype-Subtype transformation has been updated to retain separate logical and physical constructs for Identity and Roll-Up option selections.
- Deletion of a relationship offers the option of converting migrated FK attribute/column into owned attribute/column of the child entity/table.
- Database Target Server dialog box can be accessed by clicking the database name displayed on the status bar in the physical model.
- Overall mart and mart report performance has been improved (for example, mart sync is no longer required before report generation).
- Mart Open dialog box now displays the number of entities, attributes, and relationships.
Support for several third-party tools has been upgraded to newer versions as follows:
- Tomcat v9.0.31
- AdoptOpenJDK (build 11.0.3+7)
- OpenSSL 1.1.1c
SAP ASE support for erwin Mart has been deprecated.
Copyright © 2020 erwin, Inc.
All rights reserved.