This position provides subject-matter expertise, thought leadership and solution/technical specialization of erwin’s products and/or solutions in a manner that best positions erwin against our competition. The building of customer, partner and prospect relationships to better understand their business and IT challenges is absolutely critical to the success of this position.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities
This position requires you to be the technical trusted advisor to the customer and or partner by bringing tangible value in terms of experience, knowledge and expertise, this is achieved through a combination of broad real-world experience and industry-specific certifications.
- Effectively position and present the benefits of the erwin individual products and how the solution will support the customers and or partners technical and functional requirements.
- Build relationships and work closely with the account team and the customer or partner to obtain a deep understanding of the technology needs to architect a solution to meet the overall data management strategy.
- Act as the trusted advisor during the customer’s decision making process (e.g. during the idea or conceptual stages).
- Execute complex product integration demonstrations and proofs of concept, customizing the demonstrations as necessary to address the customer’s specific needs and environment.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight during Trials, Proof-of-Concept (POCs), complex demos, etc., as warranted.
- Ensure technical requirements for the proposed solution are clearly communicated and understood by the client and meet the client’s expectations.
- Effectively communicate Erwin’s key competitive differentiators, by solution as defined by erwin product management groups.
- Foster and build relationships with customers and partners to develop and secure references.
- Strive to constantly improve the quality of all customer interactions.
Leadership, Teamwork, and Planning:
- Collaborate with, and effectively work within a virtual team(s).
- Maintain industry knowledge and be considered a thought leader internally and thru social media (e.g. twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn).
- Manage and track daily activities; customer activity, project(s), administration time and training.
- Meet or exceed erwin’s stated financial quotas and targets
- Directly assist account teams in achieving financial targets via the opportunity planning process.
- Assist sales in accurately assessing and forecasting opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related degree.
- Must have 5 or more years of technical industry related experience working with customers, sales personnel and customer service.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Experience in the related industry disciplines (i.e. Hadoop, NoSQL, SQL, ORACLE & SAP as well as operating system administration).
- Experience resolving complex technical issues and integration of multiple product sets.
- Strong follow-up and organizational skills
- Strong sense of urgency and willingness to take ownership
- Ability to multi-task while adhering to various departmental deadlines
- Work extended hours when necessary
- Outstanding customer service
- Excellent written/oral communication
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Effective time management with ability to meet competing demands
Business Travel and Physical Demands
- Business travel as required, approximately 50% yearly is expected for this position.
erwin is a fast-paced modern development focused-company. We want to excite our customers by listening to them and putting their feedback in our releases ASAP. We practice Agile development and a common-sense approach to get things done in an efficient manner. You will really love the people/office and the working environment.
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org