On behalf of erwin, Inc., we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide innovative, high-impact software and services. As part of our dedicated commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce the availability of the following:
- erwin Data Modeler (DM) r9.8 – Workgroup Edition, Standard Edition and Navigator Edition (64-bit and 32-bit)
- erwin MartServer r9.8 (64-bit and 32-bit)
Based on feedback received from customers in the erwin User community, this product release incorporates requested product improvements, performance enhancements and general product fixes and other maintenance. Specific highlights included with this product release are:
- New Database Support – erwin DM r9.8 provides support for the following:
- “Native” Hadoop Hive (v2.1) and metastore (MySQL and PostgreSQL)
- PostgreSQL (v9.6)
- Enhanced Database Currency – erwin DM r9.8 provides support for the basic relational features and core functionality found in SQL Server 2014 and 2016. This includes support for:
- Database, table and index physical properties
- New and enhanced datatypes
- Updated security and permission functionality
- erwin DM is now certified compatible with:
- Teradata v16.1
- Oracle 12c R2
- PostgreSQL 9.6.5
- Enhanced, self-service activation-based licensing
- Several product enhancements that improve overall modeler productivity by providing user-expected capabilities and enhanced product features. Included are:
- Parent/Child Key (“PK/FK”) auto highlighting
- TABLE Guided Editor “SQL” tab
- Unrestricted SA access for mart “Viewers”
- Report Designer custom report enhancements
- Mart improvements – Progress bar and enhanced LDAP support
- Updated metadata import/export bridges (v9.1) that provides enhanced access to existing and several new metadata sources. (See erwin DM Release Notes for a list of metadata bridge updates.)
- General security improvements (e.g., soft vs. secure passwords) and third-party component product updates (e.g., Tomcat).
We encourage you to install this new product release to ensure that your systems are current and that you have access to the most exciting modeling features available in this award-winning product line.
We encourage you to visit our erwin Inc. Technical Support website, or from within your erwin DM r9.8 version by going to the Help menu and choosing Technical Support, for detailed information concerning this product release, up-to-date support information, the latest technical bulletins, and to download your copy.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our partnership with you.
Thank you again for your business,
The erwin Modeling Team