Power IT and business collaboration for strategic and sustainable impact
Data governance is at the core of the erwin EDGE software platform, facilitating collaboration between IT and the business for data-driven insights, agile innovation, risk management and business transformation. By creating an “enterprise data governance experience” rather than an isolated technical program, data governance permeates an organization’s culture, operations, business systems and applications as well as content. It becomes a strategic practice and guiding principle for:
The universe has been expanding since the Big Bang. Your data has been expanding since the creation of Big Data. The best way to manage your data universe is with a strategic approach to data governance, which includes enterprise modeling plus data cataloging and data literacy for data intelligence.
Data Governance for All and All for Data Governance
Data governance can’t succeed in an IT bubble; it has to be connected to the rest of the enterprise. Whether you’re a data scientist, data steward, ETL developer, enterprise architect, business analyst, risk manager, chief data officer or chief executive – you need accurate, relevant and real-time data to do your job. With the erwin EDGE and its integrated capabilities, every enterprise stakeholder can discover, understand, govern and socialize data assets to realize the desired results and mitigate data-related risks.
- Give your data professionals the ability to automate enterprise metadata management, data mapping, code generation and data lineage for greater accuracy and faster time to value when it comes to major data deployment, integration and movement projects, plus enhance data security, privacy and quality.
- Let stakeholders define and discover data assets relevant to their roles within a business context, facilitating enterprise collaboration and accelerating the transformation of data insights into the desired outcomes.
- Define, map and analyze workflows and build models for process improvements and workforce empowerment, including determining where controls are needed for greater security, compliance and overall risk management.
- Define application and infrastructure capabilities and interdependencies and their connections to enterprise strategies and goals to optimize transformation initiatives and prioritize technology investments.
- Design and deploy new and hybrid data structures and resources with any data from anywhere for new applications, data aggregation and integration, master data management, Big Data analytics and business intelligence.
The erwin EDGE provides the most agile, efficient and cost-effective means of launching and sustaining a strategic and comprehensive data governance initiative, whether you wish to deploy on premise or in the cloud. But you don’t have to implement every component of the erwin EDGE all at once to see strategic value.
Because of the platform’s federated design, you can address your organization’s most urgent needs first. Rather than trying to justify a massive, upfront expenditure, you can make incremental investments. Regardless of where you choose to start – with data cataloging or any of our enterprise modeling solutions, we’ll help you demonstrate ROI to prove the case for adding additional EDGE components.