An enterprise data governance experience is a strategic initiative, not just a siloed IT program. It is characterized by the following not only for compliance/risk mitigation but also operational improvement and growth:
- Support for any data, anywhere (Any2) – Relational, unstructured, on-premise and cloud-based data assets are coupled with well-documented business rules to ensure standards are followed.
- Collaboration and organizational empowerment – Business and IT stakeholders have consistent, role-based views of the data relevant to their roles to build trust, ensure alignment and enhance decision-making.
- Integrated ecosystem – The systems that manage and protect data are unified by a common metadata repository for consistent exchange, understanding and processing.
- Visibility across all domains – Silos between the business and IT are broken down with a common data vocabulary, so changes to systems, processes and people can be measured quickly to produce the desired organizational outcomes.
- Regulatory peace of mind – Mitigate a wide range of risks, from GDPR to cybersecurity, to protect customer trust and prevent reputational damage.
erwin DG expands data governance beyond IT and traditional data stewards, enabling all organizational stakeholders to discover, understand, govern and socialize data assets. It is SaaS, persona-based software that integrates traditional data governance capabilities (business glossary, data dictionary and catalog, lineage mapping, policy authoring) with data modeling (for any data, anywhere), enterprise architecture and business process modeling to produce more strategic value, including data impact analysis to manage change with lower risks and costs.
erwin DG creates an enterprise data governance experience to ensure both IT and business users are invested in and accountable for data use. As a stand-alone SaaS solution, it enables all data assets to be discovered, understood, governed and socialized to mitigate risk and realize business results. With the purchase of additional licenses, erwin DG also integrates with erwin DM, erwin EA and erwin BP, it provides even more comprehensive and effective data governance through data impact analysis, a simple and easy way for stakeholders to see all places where specific data resides to determine how changes will impact people, processes and systems before they are implemented.