An enterprise data governance experience is a strategic initiative, not just a siloed IT program. It is characterized by the following not only for compliance/risk mitigation but also operational improvement and growth:
- Support for any data, anywhere (Any2) – Relational, unstructured, on-premise and cloud-based data assets are coupled with well-documented business rules to ensure standards are followed.
- Collaboration and organizational empowerment – Business and IT stakeholders have consistent, role-based views of the data relevant to their roles to build trust, ensure alignment and enhance decision-making.
- Integrated ecosystem – The systems that manage and protect data are unified by a common metadata repository for consistent exchange, understanding and processing.
- Visibility across all domains – Silos between the business and IT are broken down with a common data vocabulary, so changes to systems, processes and people can be measured quickly to produce the desired organizational outcomes.
- Regulatory peace of mind – Mitigate a wide range of risks, from GDPR to cybersecurity, to protect customer trust and prevent reputational damage.